Mark and I met Tom Habib during the last Integral European Conference (May 2016) in Hungary. We gave a presentation in the sam section and in those times I was excited with video taping. So I taped his presentation and uploaded it to Youtube – and lo and behold, it attracted many people. So Tom became interested in presenting his work on video which we happily did together inside our series “Conversations that matter” of The Wisdom Factory.
This year we were supposed to meet at the new edition of the IEC Conference in Hungary at the end of May, but Mark was too ill to travel and so we stayed home. Tom promised to see us here in our Paradise with his wife Christina and so we can have a report first hand from both about the conference and the presentation which Tom has given there. It is, naturally, about his research in his work with couples in love relationships.
From Roger Walsh’s presentation at IEC 2018
Sacred Service: The Yoga of Transforming Work, Service and Life into Continuous Contemplative Practice
Karma Yoga is using one’s life work and service as a continuous contemplative practice
10 PRINCIPLES OF KARMA YOGA
- Stop! Take a moment between activities to be present
2) Dedicate your action/work and its outcome to a higher purpose/God/good
3) Set an intention; “What is this for? Why am I doing this?”
4) Attempt to do the work as impeccably as possible
5) Bring awareness (both inner and outer awareness) and mindfulness to the work
6) Explore your reactions (feelings, shadow)
7) Release your attachment to the outcome
8) Stop when finished, in order to
9) Reflect and learn from the experience
10) Offer the benefits of work to the welfare of all
Perpetuate the cycle of going into the world to bring your service to the benefit of others, and bring the world to yourself for your own benefit; We give ourselves to others and we receive back.